PE and Sport Premium
In March 2013, the Government announced funding for primary schools to improve the quality of sport and PE; capitalising on the legacy of the 2012 Olympics.
The purpose of the funding is to improve the provision of PE and Sport; with schools choosing how the funding is spent. Suggested uses for the funding are:
- Hiring specialist PE teachers or Sports coaches
- Paying for staff professional development opportunities in PE and Sport
- Providing cover to release teachers for professional development in PE and Sport
- Buying quality assured professional development modules or materials for PE/Sport
- Establishing new or additional Change4Life sport clubs
- Running sport competitions or increasing participation in school games
- Developing new after-school and holiday clubs and providing places for pupils
Our school's allocation for 2020-21 is £17800.